Built in 1888 this rare heritage listed Queen Anne Federation home is rich with history and reflects an era of master craftsmanship with colonial originality. Tightly held over the last century -“Merkara” – (named after the historic passenger vessel of the mid 1800’s) – is prominently positioned on an elevated 809 sqm of land and has a perfect NE aspect and sweeping city views. Immaculately maintained and much loved for 37 years the vendor has purchased elsewhere and moving on, allowing this postcard pretty land-mark home to be enjoyed by another very fortunate generation.
Featuring a most impressive front facade and arrival behind a white picket fence and landscaped gardens-the striking period details of this home romance and warm the heart; appealing to buyers that appreciate timeless quality.
• Historical significance – cultural character home.
• Eye-catching mansard roof, Juliet balcony, and cast-iron balustrades.
• Beautiful leadlight windows, acid etched glass, and original VJ’s throughout.
• Large colonial entertainer’s kitchen with custom built New Guinea Rosewood cabinetry and stone bench tops.
• Quality European appliances featuring ILVE double oven and 8 burner stove.
• Adjoining dining and living rooms can function as one for entertaining.
• Full sized billiard room with settle heaped in character that opens out onto a private north facing courtyard.
• Fully self-contained semi-detached flat.
• Gorgeous low maintenance landscaped gardens.
• Chubb Back-to-Base Security System for peace of mind.
• Tank water reticulated to gardens and toilet.
• 2 car garage.
• Plenty of storage space
• Value add potential
Conveniently positioned and within short walking distance to Brisbane State High School, West End cafe and dining precincts, Brisbane CBD, South Bank Cultural Precinct, Cinemas, and Hospitals.